$400 per person|
Grades 8-12, College
Washington, DC - FILLED
Justice Advocacy - Reach Trip
$400 per person
Grades 8-12, College
Dates & Information
Washington, D.C. Justice Advocacy is a REACH WEEK, appropriate for youth groups grades 6 through 12 and college groups.
- June 23 - 28 - FILLED
- June 30 - July 5 - FILLED
Working to eliminate poverty in the United States demands addressing the root causes of economic injustice and promoting just social policies. Do current policies help families in need, or perpetuate the cycle of poverty? As followers of Jesus, how can we partner to help end poverty in the United States?
Poverty and Advocacy weeks are centered around a justice-focused biblical curriculum. Youth serve in both direct and support ministries with several social service organizations and ministries. Groups also have the opportunity to visit with national faith leaders advocating for change. Youth learn the difference between charity and justice, discuss root causes of poverty and the systems that perpetuate poverty, and how we might advocate for change as people of faith.
While in Washington D.C., your group will visit the National Museum of African-American History and Culture and participate in an evening reflection at the MLK Memorial. There will be some afternoon free time available during the week, but plan to stay an extra night to see the sights.
Although your group will travel daily by Metro (Metro fare is included in your cost), your group will need to be prepared for a lot of walking!
Programming begins on Sunday evening and concludes on Friday morning. You may stay an additional night to see the city for an additional $40 per person. (Check out is by 10 am on Saturday morning.)
Cost is $400 per participant and includes:
- Breakfast and Lunch, Monday morning through Friday morning. (Dinners on your own.)
- Lodging in a local church.
- Metro fare for the week.
- A dedicated Site-Coordinator & trained young adult staff to facilitate your week.
- Fully planned service and educational experiences.
- Honorariums for speakers, costs for activities, entrance fees.
- A t-shirt for each participant.
- Discussion guides for small groups.
- Online training for your adult leaders in late May or early June.